- Addons required are announced prior to the events
- Addon signature verification is on meaning that you can only enter server with the addons specified per battle.
- The events are monitored by Battleye and have a ping limit of 250
- Thermal Imaging on tanks and IFVs is disabled (to keep it challenging)
- Viewdistance is by default automatically set at 4000 meters for all players (but may deviate per battle. If so this will be announced in the relative battle forum thread)
- 3rd personview is disabled to enhance the simulation experience
- Vehicle and player respawn activated
For both companies the following player slots are by default available (with some variations between each battle):
- 3 Tank Platoons (4 tanks each) + a Company Commander tank
- 2×3 Cavalry scouts (removed in RT#20)
- 6x AT team members
- 6x Recon Team members
- 1x Helicopter pilot
- 2x Engineer (logistical & service Team)
For both companies the following vehicles are available:
- 13x Main battle tank (types are different per battle)
- 2x Cavalry Scout vehicles: (Bradley, BMPs) (removed in RT#20)
- 2x Transport vehicle for AT team and Recon team (Jeeps, Quads)
- 1x Transport / Reconnaissance helicopter (types change each battle)
A helicopter and a logistical team is available for logistical support.
The respawn feature is configured so that it allows a continuous flow of gameplay, but also gives room for units to make critical moves / strikes in times their opponent is recovering. That way you gain terrain and if all well and continued, you will be able to seize and hold your objective sectors. Respawn delays are not very long. However, penalty for death are not to be taken lightly as, due to to the large maps, it will take quite some time to get back into the area of operations. Since the maps are quite large, recon teams have a very essential role. Recon vehicles do not respawn when deserted, as recons are often away from their vehicle in a dismounted observation post.
The default configuration is as follows (but may be different per battle. When so, this will be stated in the relative battle information thread):
-Each player, when killed, respawns with a 30 second delay
-Tanks, when destroyed or abandoned within 300 meters, respawn with a delay of 90 seconds
-Vehicles assigned to scouts, when destroyed or deserted for more than 300 meters, respawn with a delay of 90 seconds
-Vehicles assigned to AT, recon teams and ammo logistic vehicles when destroyed or deserted for more than 1500 meters (to allow on foot recognition and other activities) respawn with a delay of 90 seconds
-Helicopters, when destroyed or deserted for more than 300 meters, respawn with a delay of 300 seconds. Two service vehicles do not respawn (new).
*A vehicle/aircraft is counted as deserted when the driver/ pilot seat has been unoccupied for more then the allowed amount of time
*Destroyed in this context means not able to be boarded anymore
Vehicles/aircraft respawn at their initial start point. Players respawn at one central location in their base. Respawn frequency is unlimited for all players/vehicles/aircraft.
Both sides have two objective zones to secure and hold, while trying to prevent the enemy to secure their own objectives.
The game takes two hours and a half, in which both sides try to take and hold their objective sectors.
For each minute that a company is able to hold a objective sector, it receives 1 point. If both sectors are held simultaneously, it gains 2 points each minute. The unit which has most points after two hours wins.
The philosophy behind the RT capture/hold system is to simulate tactical domination on strategic points (objective sectors). From a realistic perspective, having tactical domination is not possible if your tanks in such sector are half crewed, low on supplies or heavily damaged. That is why these conditions below are set. The conditions for occupying a single objective sector are:
- Objective sector must contain at least three tanks (MBTs or Bradley/BMPs) of your own side
- These tanks must have their tracks and engine intact, as well as being able to fire their weapons and move
- These tanks must have at least 3 crewman class players of own side aboard each tank
- These crewman class players must be alive
*New: a line up time of 10 min will be implemented starting from RT#19. During this line – up tanks are locked and only scouts, recon and anti – tank can move.
Having enemy units present in your objective sector does not directly interfere with your winning conditions.
RED moves a tank platoon into the RED1 objective sector. They have at least three operational tanks with them and each of them contain 3 crewmen aboard. Now the points start to add up. Now, in the case that for example one of the tanks in that sector gets its track or gun damaged, they lose the sector, as well as when for example a crew leaves its tank or gets killed. When a objective sector becomes lost/occupied, a message is shown to all players saying so. The slideshow below gives a summarized presentation of this process.